A NEW BOOK NOW OUT. Targets set and achieved.

My third book, 'Targets set and achieved' is now complete and ready for sale. As the title suggests it reflects the past seven years of my fishing. Twenty different rivers where double figure barbel were caught, crucians and roach to near record size, perch, chub, tench and bream to make the mouth water. All will be in the pages and well illustrated with lots of colour photographs.



There is a 1000 copy print run of the hardback edition and a further 40 leather bound copies for the connoisseur.



Copies available from myself just email phlpsmith9@aol.com or ring 07980 394864 for details



Still a limited number of leathers available.





Alternatively use the web page http://www.philsmithangler.co.uk/ where you can order by Paypal or credit/debit card.





Tuesday 28 June 2011

Average day.

With the high temperature dropping from that we have suffered over the last few days I thought a fishing fix was in order.  Plenty of things come to mind but with the success of the last trip to the Teme I wondered if the barbel were still going barmy.

Arrived to fish I found the colour had mostly dropped out of the river, but still a little extra water showing on the height.  Trying a new swim I had one rod on the home made 10mm boilie, the other rod would be to present the pellets that did the job last week.  both rods had an open ended feeder with pellet and hemp in an attempt to attract the fish.

Lots of knocks from the chub on the pellet rod, and a few on the other rod but I ended the session with 4 chub to 3lb something and 1 barbel about 4lb, all on pellet.   Not what I went for but far better than a blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment