A NEW BOOK NOW OUT. Targets set and achieved.

My third book, 'Targets set and achieved' is now complete and ready for sale. As the title suggests it reflects the past seven years of my fishing. Twenty different rivers where double figure barbel were caught, crucians and roach to near record size, perch, chub, tench and bream to make the mouth water. All will be in the pages and well illustrated with lots of colour photographs.



There is a 1000 copy print run of the hardback edition and a further 40 leather bound copies for the connoisseur.



Copies available from myself just email phlpsmith9@aol.com or ring 07980 394864 for details



Still a limited number of leathers available.





Alternatively use the web page http://www.philsmithangler.co.uk/ where you can order by Paypal or credit/debit card.





Friday 24 June 2011

Teme calling.

Following last Saturdays effort on the Avon I went for a ride round with Merv on the Sunday.  first weekend of the season and anglers were missing - Barford was empty, other Avon venues, similar story.  I never thought to see this picture where even the new page of another river season was not enough to get anglers out to at least check if the sport was any better than that of last season.  Go fishing on a river and you may have a blank - stay at home and you'll definately have one.

I got way laid this week with a recuring problem of lower back pain, enough to stop me fishing Monday to Thursday, it has to be bad to do that!  Went to the osteopath on the Monday but it was still tender and although I had planed a trip to the Colne Valley it would have required the use of the barrow and that was a no-no.

Thursday I decided to try the Avon on a venue where I can fish out of the van, off early and fishing before 7am - packed up 8:30pm with just 4 roach to the pellet rod.  They wittle the pellets down to a point where it is almost just the super glue left and then they take that.  This shot was the first one caught, and I just admired its perfection before the cormarants got at it.  The best of the four went about 1lb so I might go back and try for them with a float.

                                                                 Nice silver.

Friday I decided it was time to try the River Teme again, at 10lb-4oz my river best barbel needs improving.  The banks can be a bit of a problem but I knew a swim where I could get in without difficulty - landing a fish might be a different story, but I'd cover that if the need arose.


                                                          Reasonably comfortable in this swim
Fishing with pellet on the hair, and a mix of pellet and hemp in the feeder, I took fish steadily through-out the day.  Lots of smaller samples that bode well for the future if they can live long enough to grow up.  2lb-4lb sort of size, and of the eight barbel landed five were in those brackets.  Then a 5lb fish joined with a 6lb fighter, and last, but not least, a season best so far of 8lb-13oz.


                                                           8lb-13oz Teme Tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment