A NEW BOOK NOW OUT. Targets set and achieved.

My third book, 'Targets set and achieved' is now complete and ready for sale. As the title suggests it reflects the past seven years of my fishing. Twenty different rivers where double figure barbel were caught, crucians and roach to near record size, perch, chub, tench and bream to make the mouth water. All will be in the pages and well illustrated with lots of colour photographs.



There is a 1000 copy print run of the hardback edition and a further 40 leather bound copies for the connoisseur.



Copies available from myself just email phlpsmith9@aol.com or ring 07980 394864 for details



Still a limited number of leathers available.





Alternatively use the web page http://www.philsmithangler.co.uk/ where you can order by Paypal or credit/debit card.





Thursday 9 June 2011

Lightening strikes again - well almost!

With last weeks results I had to return while the tench were in the area, they come and go and at the moment they have come.  I went to the water Monday morning arriving after a very early start and fishing for 5:30am.
Casters and hemp in open ended feeders were the order of the day and I fished away hopeful of a result.  I was down until Thursday so the blank I had this day was disappointing but not fatal to my confidence.

The blank the following day did have me wondering since three other anglers on the bank were also suffering the same result, had the tench begun to spawn? perhaps, but time would tell.

5:50am Wednesday morning I got part of an answer as the bobbin rose and I went on to land a well proportioned tench of 9lb-10oz.  I had been convinced it would go over the ten mark but these blasted scales always tell the truth.

                                                                  9lb 10oz June tench.


                                                 This shows the belly somewhat better.
I thought that would be the start but it was still the only fish on the bank as the Wednesday night fell.  At just after 11:00pm the bobbin dropped and I went on to land a spawned out 10lb-2oz bream followed an hour later by another of 9lb-7oz.  I took a self portrait of the double but did not take enough care and I clipped the tail, not to worry, if it had been big, the shots would have been perfect.

                                            Any double is worth a photo 10lb-2oz just makes it.

I'll be back next week but will the tench?

No comments:

Post a Comment