A NEW BOOK NOW OUT. Targets set and achieved.

My third book, 'Targets set and achieved' is now complete and ready for sale. As the title suggests it reflects the past seven years of my fishing. Twenty different rivers where double figure barbel were caught, crucians and roach to near record size, perch, chub, tench and bream to make the mouth water. All will be in the pages and well illustrated with lots of colour photographs.



There is a 1000 copy print run of the hardback edition and a further 40 leather bound copies for the connoisseur.



Copies available from myself just email phlpsmith9@aol.com or ring 07980 394864 for details



Still a limited number of leathers available.





Alternatively use the web page http://www.philsmithangler.co.uk/ where you can order by Paypal or credit/debit card.





Sunday 19 February 2012

A new tack for bigger fish.

With my lack of anything like a good result when fishing over the last week I have made a decision.  I had been to the tackle show at the Ricoh ground and whilst there I met up with Simon who runs Quality Baits, www.qualitybaits.co.uk  probably the best local bait company by a long way.  He was showing me his latest offering and tried to convince me that the new pellets were intended for very large carp and catfish, but I saw other possibilities.

Now we all know that big baits equal big fish, this will now be my new approach to barbel and chub.  I know I will not get too many bites, but if I do get a take off a barbel, it will be big, very big.  That said, if nothing happens over the next week or so I could always Superglue two of them together – back to back – same as normally done with the Elips pellets, this in case they missed the one laying on its own.
                                                              Now that's a Pellet!

I like to think this will be a pioneering approach to barbel and chub that has not been tried before, but if you have already done this let me know how you got on.

3 comments:

  1. Now THATS a gobstopper Phil!

    Ive used 40mm boilies in the past to try and get through nuisance fish and still caught small fish (3lb tench) on them . I caught an 8lb carp on half a tin of spam meant for catfish once aswell and it never ceases to amaze me just what fish will try and cram in.

    good luck with it anyway mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've caught three pound chub on monstrous pieces of meat but the bait isn't so big when you see the size of the mouth on a four or five pounder, is it? Sometimes I think chub are capable of swallowing almost anything. Barbel, I don't know what their limits are but reckon the greed factor would ensure only the biggest apply, especially two up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phil
    At least you wont need a leger weight when you use it!

    Let us know how you get on

    ReplyDelete