A NEW BOOK NOW OUT. Targets set and achieved.

My third book, 'Targets set and achieved' is now complete and ready for sale. As the title suggests it reflects the past seven years of my fishing. Twenty different rivers where double figure barbel were caught, crucians and roach to near record size, perch, chub, tench and bream to make the mouth water. All will be in the pages and well illustrated with lots of colour photographs.



There is a 1000 copy print run of the hardback edition and a further 40 leather bound copies for the connoisseur.



Copies available from myself just email phlpsmith9@aol.com or ring 07980 394864 for details



Still a limited number of leathers available.





Alternatively use the web page http://www.philsmithangler.co.uk/ where you can order by Paypal or credit/debit card.





Saturday 7 May 2011

Early start.

With the last two days being somewhat disappointing I left the option open as to whether I would get up early to go today.  The water concerned is more local so the travel time is not so bad, awake a 5:00am gone by 5:15am.

Maggot fishing was the chosen method on this trip and by 6:20am I was playing what was obviously a nice fish.  A good scrap later and a 7lb-10oz warrior slipped into the net.  Amazing, I travelled a considerable distance to the other water and then get a bigger sample next to home.  The big difference is the potential, the local water can do fish to perhaps 9lb, the other water has [or had] probably a dozen doubles to over 12lb.  Time will tell if this is still the case.

                                                           7lb-10oz Warrior.

It had been dry first thing but now it started to rain, I know it was rain because I have a good memory for that sort of thing, it it had happened a couple of months ago.  During one of the many breaks in the rain I had another tench, a male of 5lb-6oz - good fight, but don't they always try harder than the females.   That was it for the session and I packed up at 2:00pm well content with the reward for the early start.


                                                                 5lb-6oz on feeder rig.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Tench Phil, had a similar sized one myself from the next peg along the other week! ;-)
    The better fish are certainly showing in there at the minute.

    ReplyDelete