A NEW BOOK NOW OUT. Targets set and achieved.

My third book, 'Targets set and achieved' is now complete and ready for sale. As the title suggests it reflects the past seven years of my fishing. Twenty different rivers where double figure barbel were caught, crucians and roach to near record size, perch, chub, tench and bream to make the mouth water. All will be in the pages and well illustrated with lots of colour photographs.



There is a 1000 copy print run of the hardback edition and a further 40 leather bound copies for the connoisseur.



Copies available from myself just email phlpsmith9@aol.com or ring 07980 394864 for details



Still a limited number of leathers available.





Alternatively use the web page http://www.philsmithangler.co.uk/ where you can order by Paypal or credit/debit card.





Thursday 3 October 2013

A little piece of angling history.

Browsing through some of my books I noticed this piece of angling history.  I have kept an angling diary over the years and this is one of the pages from 1968.   It shows my first holiday away after fish when I travelled to Scotland with my brother and fished on Lochmaben for bream and the River Annan for chub.  We did not catch the chub but we did have some bream which may have led to my lifelong love of them.

On the chub fishing comments it is worth the notice of the times fished, along with my then angling companion we fished every Friday night through to the following day and did this throughout the winter, we were hard men then!

The chub sizes mentioned reflects the difference in what is available now compared to those days, a 3lb plus chub was marked in red.


Last but not least is the small cutting out of the local Telegraph newspaper detailing the capture of the 4lb-8oz chub, a very big fish then, this was the first mention by name of my exploits, little did I realise how much of my life fishing would devour.



No comments:

Post a Comment