A NEW BOOK NOW OUT. Targets set and achieved.

My third book, 'Targets set and achieved' is now complete and ready for sale. As the title suggests it reflects the past seven years of my fishing. Twenty different rivers where double figure barbel were caught, crucians and roach to near record size, perch, chub, tench and bream to make the mouth water. All will be in the pages and well illustrated with lots of colour photographs.



There is a 1000 copy print run of the hardback edition and a further 40 leather bound copies for the connoisseur.



Copies available from myself just email phlpsmith9@aol.com or ring 07980 394864 for details



Still a limited number of leathers available.





Alternatively use the web page http://www.philsmithangler.co.uk/ where you can order by Paypal or credit/debit card.





Saturday, 16 May 2015

Giant bream and even better crucians.

The following couple of trips after the capture of the 13lb-8oz bream reported in the last blog I was just day fishing and I caught a few perch but no sign of the bream.  Then that good luck factor came in again and the next bite, mid-afternoon on a sunny day, I got a bite typical of bream, the bobbin dropped and then slowly rose again and the fight certainly suggested it would be a bream although with the power it would be big.  Sure enough it proved to be just that and the lad from the adjacent swim confirmed a weight of 15lb-4oz, yet again the target set and achieved.

                                                           15lb-4oz Giant bream.

It was now fast approaching the 1st of May and the club water well known for its large crucians would become available for fishing again having been closed for six weeks.  Plans were made and I arrived on the evening before only to find the place already packed out.  I dropped into a small out of the way swim prepared to wait until a better choice became available and since anglers are always coming and going to their own personal timetable I got my chance midmorning next day.  The rules only allow the anglers to stay for two nights and then they must leave for a minimum of 24 hrs. Though this can be awkward for the travelling angler I’m in total agreement with the rule since it does allow swims to become available on a constant basis with no long term occupation of good areas.  I stayed in the swim for 36 hrs, but with no success so I moved to the opposite end of the dam to try a totally different area.  The results around the lake were generally very patchy with a blank or one or two fish the normal catch, one angler did very well with 15 crucian to a best of 3lb-13oz, but amongst the other anglers fish being caught were odd specimens of 4lb plus including samples to challenge the current record of 4lb-9oz held jointly be myself and two others.   My  move proved to be worthwhile when I caught a succession of tench to 6lb-11oz and two crucians of 3lb-6oz and 3lb-12oz a fish equal to my best for the venue, then I had to leave having reached the end of this session..

                                                  Equal pb for the venue at 3lb-12oz.

                                     The best of well over 50 taken over the 9 days at the venue 6lb-11oz.

My tackle and approach would be the same throughout my sessions here, two 12ft 1.25lb Drennan Avons were matched with Mitchell 300’s loaded with 6lb line going to flatbed method feeders.  Very short hooklink of 4lb Fireline with Kamazan size 14 hooks carried a single artificial caster on the hair rig.  I would use one pint of caster per day along with a similar amount of 4mm pellet put out with a Spomb at regular intervals, this to allow for the tench and rudd that invariably would be cleaning them up. 

My next three day session proved equally as difficult with the first day and a half almost totally blank so again a move to a different bank altogether.  Yet again the same potential record fish came out and again I was called on to witness it but I also saw a 4lb-2oz fish caught in the swim next to mine this giving me some hope and sure enough I again caught two crucian of 3lb-2oz and 3lb-5oz along with another load of tench to 6lb-9oz.  All the time I’m getting reports of lots of blanks but the average crucian being caught is up from last year by perhaps 4oz and that gives the chance for a good number of high 3lb’s plus fish into the 4lb range.

                                                              3lb-5oz best of the day's brace.

Again the 130 miles back home to recharge the bodywork and I’m back again hoping to beat the time when the crucians will spawn, last year I only got one trip and by the time I returned they had spawned.   Dawn saw me walking down the bank to find a vacant swim and I soon had my tackle in place and cast out.  There was quite a strong wind blowing into the bank and the wind chill factor made it quite cold until the afternoon when the sun got past the surrounding tree.  Fortunately the cool conditions did not stop the crucians and at about 11am I got one of 3lb-11oz to give a very pleasing start to the trip.

When fishing you never know what is waiting just around the corner and at just after 2pm I finally got my long await 4lb crucian, this one weighing a very pleasing 4lb-6oz to make the previous effort on the venue well worthwhile.  That said fate was not finished with me and just a couple of hours later I was calling Mark from the next swim again to confirm the weight on his scales and  photograph a magnificent sample of 4lb-8oz to give me the best confirmed brace of crucians in the country.

                                                       4lb-6oz smaller of the brace.

                                                          4lb-8oz larger of the brace.


The following day I topped the catch up with a 2lb-13oz and yet another big fish of 4lb-2oz though after that fish the next 30 hrs were dead but Of course I did not mind that, yet again target set and achieved.

                                                Third of the 4's at 4lb-2oz.

14 comments:

  1. You have had a great couple of weeks there Phil, its clear a British record will come from there and it may fall over the next week or so if they haven't spawned yet. Congrats though on a handful of fish which can all be classed as "fish of a lifetime". J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there i replyed on one of your old post but was wondering if tench are a ok eating fish, i think i caught soine out of lake out here, there on my google page. but not sure if for sure it is, but are they a ok eating fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and thanks in advance god bless.

      Delete
    2. do not know of tench eating fish but carp do so maybe tench do at times as well.

      Delete
  3. Its no longer news that Startechblankatmhackers@outlook.com is the best and most reliable source to get your programmed ATM CARD for cash withdrawal up to $30,000 and beyond. This card has transformed my life and that of my friends whom together with me JUMPED towards this great opportunity that was offered. Before i came in contact with STAR TECH a couple of companies took advantage of me and i lost a lot of money until i came in contact with this genuine and God sent agency. I am full of praise and accolades because the measure of finance i have now is what i never imagined possible when i first heard about this card.
    Are you in need of a financial boost,debt,or plan to take a loan, bills, vacation spending name it seek no further but contact startechblankatmhackers@outlook.com and your life will never remain the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Ms Barbara cox, a US citizen, Am 45 years old. I am one of those people that took part in receiving Inheritance funds from the Nigerian Governments set up by his Excellency Muhammad Buhari the GCFR of the federal republic of Nigerian. I had paid different fees to lots of scammers while searching for love online and i lost a huge amount of money that i almost took my life. One week ago, i read a comment about the Nigerian President and the United-Nation along with IMF is compensating every souls that has lost money to Africans scammers especially Nigeria online internet scammers. So i decided to contact email(NigerianFGNscamInterpol.compensationfunds@presidency.com). I was directed by the IMF Directors and The Nigeria President to contact the re-conciliatory Honorable Chief Judge I. U BELLO of the High Court Of Justice FCT , A Nigerian citizen and a member of the UNITED NATIONS & IMF COMPENSATION AWARD COMMITTEE currently working with IMF in the Nigeria and i contacted him and he explained everything to me on how i will have my funds delivered to me. He said whoever is contacting us through emails are fake. Honorable Chief Judge I. U BELLO personally directed me on how to claim my Inheritance of the compensation funds. Right now i have received my compensation funds of $500,000.00 Moreover, Honorable Chief Judge I. U BELLO as he is a very religious man with the fear of God. who showed me the full information of those that are yet to receive their compensation Inheritance, that is why i decided to take my time to post this information to everyone who has lost money to scammers. i personally advise you to urgently contact email: {NigerianFGNscamInterpol.compensationfunds@presidency.com} on how to receive your compensation fee of $500,000.00USD

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of people have no idea about a working blank ATM card and a lot of people have been scammed in search of the Blank ATM card. It is longer news that CYBER ATM HACKERS (email: cyberatmhackers@outlook.com) is one of the few hacking groups that can provide you with a working Blank ATM card in anywhere around the globe. The programmed Blank ATM card can provide you with up to $2000 daily on any ATM without been caught. Those that require the Blank ATM card should look no further but contact us now (email: cyberatmhackers@outlook.com) and get working Blank ATM card within a week.

    ReplyDelete


  6. This is an opportunity to get your lost money back, who would believe that the Nigerian Government will compensate everyone thats has been defrauded of their money in different ways! I was scammed of $35,000 believing to receive the funds my late Husband left for me which was never true. I almost took my life because i kept borrowing money from friends to pay up these fees required before having full access to the funds but i lost everything without any money given to me, i made a report to the FBI, UN, and the Nigerian Embassy with all the details about this scumbag but i never heard anything. But i was shocked when i saw a comment by Babara Walcott that Nigerian Government and some other bodies where compensating everyone that has been scammed in one way or the other which she was a beneficiaries to the on going compensation, so i gave it a try and behold i received a compensation funds of $500,000.00 United States Dollars. Stay away from scammers and please contact the agents for your compensation: NigerianFGNscamInterpol.compensationfunds@presidency.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. UNIVERSAL HACKER AVAILABLE AT YOUR SERVICE ANYTIME
    SPECIALIZED IN:
    Email interception
    Text message interception
    Password retrieval
    Databases hack
    Clearing of criminal records
    Grade Changes
    Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/Skype Hack
    Bank Transfers
    University grades changing
    Software hack
    Phone hack
    Retrieval of lost files and documents.
    Contact solely on jeancyber91@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only genuine ATM cloned card vendor which i have tested and confirmed. I met this hacker online and emailed him about the BLANK ATM CARD. I was in trouble financially two weeks ago so i told him i need one asap. I western union some money to him and to my greatest shock, the card was shipped to me in 24 hrs. I've used it to withdraw $ 44,000 already, $ 4000 daily . Since then I've been able to get money freely with no pin. Contact their email if you truly need this card. (martinshackers22@gmail.com , martinshackers22@gmail.com)....THIS IS REAL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to
    withdraw the maximum of $50,000 MONTHLY for a maximum of 12 MONTHS. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week
    and I have used it to get $150,000 already. Georg Bednorz Hackers is giving
    out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it
    is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending
    to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when
    using the card. get yours from Georg Bednorz Hackers today! Just send an email
    to georgbednorzhackers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You get ripped because you don't ask Questions....
    Method on how to get Bitcoin. We are ready to share to the market our new Bitcoin software to Crack into any Bitcoin server and is easy to used....

    *** Anonymous (group) In Russia (CODE) We Work As Team & We Are One ***
    (DON'T GET RIPPED ANYMORE)
    ** I HACK INTO FACEBOOK ACCOUNT/USER
    ** I SALE HACKING SOFTWARE
    ** I HACK INTO ALL MOBILE PHONES/APPLE
    ** I HACK INTO ANY COMPANY BANK ACCOUNT
    ** I CAN BE HIRE FOR ANY HACKING JOB
    ** I SELL COMPANY LEADS/ WE HACK INTO COMPANY DATA BASE...
    ** I SELL GOOD SENDER/ SMTP MAILER WEBMAIL LOCAL HOST SENDER
    ** I SELL GOOD SCAM PAGE/GRABBER OF ALL EMAIL PAGE
    ** I HACK INTO ALL KIND OF EMAIL/ USING BOLT ZEUS OR RAT
    ** I HACK INTO GAMES/ I DO SHOPPING & SHOP ALL SORT OF GOODS.
    Those Are Just A Few Main Services, There Are Plenty More


    Need help in gaining access/passwords to facebook, gmail, instagram, bbm, yahoomail, snapchat, twitter, hotmail, badoo, zoosk, various blogs, icloud, apple accounts etc. Password retrieval, breaching of bank accounts: (for local and international banks, block transfers, make transfers), clear debts, pay for bills at give a way rates, breach of web host servers, firewall breaches, application cracks, change of school grades, professional hacking into institutional servers, clearing of criminal records, mobile airtime recharge, keylogging, smartphone,tablet portable device hacks, pc hacks on any OS and ip tracking and general tracking operations. IP Tracing IP Hacking ISP(internet service provider) Hacking Mobile Number tracing
    Theft Mobile recovering IPhone Hacking /Post Software Hacking Recovering Stolen Data Hard disk Cloning Twitter Hacking Hotmail Hacking Rediff mail Hacking Yandex mail Hacking Instagram HackingPinterest Hacking Dribble Hacking YouTube channel Hacking Blogger Hacking WordPress Hacking WordPress Cloning Cpanel Hacking Database dumping Database editing Database securing Credit Fraud Recovering Windows Hacking WIFI Password Cracking Hacker For Hire
    Contact: email: hiremezeus10@hackermail.com hiremezeus@mail.com SMS: 940 745 6213.

    *Service available 24Hrs
    *Easy Reliable and Efficient

    REMEMBER WE ARE HERE TO MAKE THIS DEAL HAPPEN/RUSSIAN_UKRAINE_INDIAN_CHINA_JAPAN_SOUTH KOREA....
    I'M A RUSSIAN PROGRAMMER WITH LATEST UPDATE..

    ReplyDelete
  11. CERTIFIED ONLINE BLANK ATM HACKERS, is the only genuine ATM cloned card vendor which i have tested and confirmed. So i met this hacker online and we emailed back & forth about an ATM card and how he makes them and sells them. I was in trouble financially two weeks ago so i told him i need one asap. I western union some money to him the next day, and the card was sent to me in 72 hrs. Instantly when i got it i went straight to a near by ATM which was across the street from my house and i asked for $3000 and it actually worked so since then I've been able to get money freely without trace. You can also get your card without stress, do contact the email: certifiedonlineatmhackers.org@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you need to hack into any database, delete record, improve credit score, spy on whatsapp, text, phone, emails, as long as it's hack contact jack @v ia Email :: dhackerj7@gmail.com //. Whats-App ::+60167569133 he is great, you won't be disappointed, cheap and fast, he saved my relationship Tell him Loya

    ReplyDelete